What is MediCupping?
MediCupping is a modern adaptation of the ancient Chinese technique, “Acupuncture cupping”. Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which cups made from bamboo, earthware, or glass are made devoid of oxygen by very briefly inserting a small flame into them, and quickly placed on the skin to create suction. This suction is believed to mobilize blood flow to promote healing of a broad range of medical ailments.
Cupping therapy dates back to ancient Egyptian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese cultures. The medical textbook “Ebers Papyrus," one of the oldest medical texts in the world, describes how the ancient Egyptians were using cupping therapy in 1550B.C.
In traditional Chinese cupping therapy, stationary cups are placed on the skin and left in the same location for 5 to 15 minutes, which usually leaves the “sucker” marks on the skin!
MediCupping uses a vacuum machine, with glass cups, to create suction on the body surfaces. Oil is first used on the skin to provide a seal for the cups edges. The cups are gently lifted up and glided over the skin, using shaking, rotating and popping techniques depending on different skin conditions. This suction reaches deep into the soft tissue, pulling inflammation and toxins from the body tissue, thru the circulation and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. Scar tissue often releases quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
MediCupping (Vacu-therapy) is becoming known for the beneficial effects on the following conditions:
- Lymphedema- general and past surgeries ( i.e., breast surgeries, breast cancer, and lymph node removal ).
- Scarring-old and new, post surgery,stretch marks and adhesion’s underneath tattoos.
- Fibromyalgia and other auto-immune issues.
- Sprains, strains, and tears.
- Vascular issues- spider veins, and varicosites.
- Plantar Fasciitis, and Compartment Syndromes (excessive pressure in fascia compartments,on nerves, blood vessels, and muscles).
- Deep tissue and structural issues—old injuries and chronic movement patterns.
- Significant weight loss.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Chronic myositis ,(muscle knots and trigger points) that don't release with other therapies.
- And many more...
It is important to use clear cups with vac-therapy so that the cups become a magnifying glass into the body. Large white deposits against the pink skin indicates congestion and “Divots” (depressions in the skin that is sucked up into the cup) will quickly show adhesion’s, scar tissue, and long term restrictions and the true nature of scars underneath the tissue.
Certification workshops are available in the U.S., and International locations. Look up Certified MediCupping Practitioners (“CMPT”) in your area, contact www.medicupping.com .